Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer post.

I certainly hope to post more often but here is a little something for you.

This summer has been really freakin busy. The girls started camp a month ago!! We have been double booking for parties on the weekend and planning events for during the week. Never in my life have all been so busy.

The Amazon.com thing.
Unless you do not watch the news at all, and if that is the case, I have nothing to say to you. Then you most likely heard about Amazon purchasing Zappos.com. Everyone wanted to know details. The truth is, I don’t know. We are currently in a “quiet period” The deal isn’t done yet and we can’t talk about it until it is. The reason that everyone even knows yet is because Amazon is a publicly traded company and by law, must tell.
So what was it like here, as an employee? On Wednesday afternoon, Tony Hsieh sent us an email about the goings on. He asked us to take 20 minutes to read it carefully. It is actually right here if you would like to read it for yourself.
http://blogs.zappos.com/blogs/ceo-and-coo-blog/2009/07/22/ceo-letter
At first, I went into a mini panic. This is the third merger I have been through where “nothing will change” I kept cool but inside I was that scene from Airplane where they ask the passengers to remain calm and people start choking each other.

We had our “All Hands” meeting on Friday with Tony and the two other tops from Zappos and two top guys from Amazon.com. They answered some questions that had been emailed and informed us on a few other things. All in all, a fabulous meeting. Ask me about it again in November.

Alyssa got her braces today. As far as I know she is not in any kind of major pain but she can’t eat anything.
Jeff and I are in business mode 100% so if you know anyone that needs a gun appraisal, give us a jingle.

http://www.freewebs.com/jtsfaco/

And so I don’t leave Emma out, she is fine too. :)

1 comment:

Vegas Princess said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you about the merger. :)

Hmmm, maybe I should get braces. I wouldn't mind not being able to eat anything. HA!