Monday, June 29, 2009

1148

That is how many pictures Alyssa has on her camera from her trip and apparently 50 years before that. She never erases I found out. 600 pictures are actually from her trip down South and 569 are pictures of kittens and my Brother in laws place. She is actually an amazing photographer and she is trying to be “arty” It may take me a few days to go through all of these.
So yes, the family has arrived home safe and sound. This includes my parents who drove to Niagara Falls from Vegas. They had a great trip too.
I also arrived home safe and sound from Albany, GA. So it’s all good.. The Georgia Mosquitoes must have smelled us a million miles away because the four of us are minus pints of blood. I was stung by a wasp and bitten by no less than 232 ants. My body is a mess in more ways than the usual. Jeff legs are cut up and scabbed too. Alyssa got bitten by a horsefly. For those of you that do not know what a horsefly is, they look like the fly in the Cars video. Without the sunglasses.


And I can’t even begin to tell you about the crazy humidity. If you are outside for more than 30 minutes it was if a bucket of water got dumped on you. It was gross. Anyway, it was a long three weeks but we are together again.
I have a living room filled with dirty laundry, backpacks, duffel bags, ammo, guns, and coloring books.
And now there seems to be a death curse in Hollywood. I remember going to the skating rink and getting to watch the Thriller video. They would dim the lights, pull down a screen and we would sit on the rink. It was an awesome piece. And as far as Farrah goes, I had mentioned in my face book profile that when I was a child I wanted the Farrah “do”. But my mom made me get the Dorothy Hamiil instead. I was wondering how different my life would have been if I had the Farrah. I still had brown, mousy hair and baby poop brown eyes but I know I would have been popular. I am sure of it.

1 comment:

Vegas Princess said...

Glad you had a great trip!

It is amazing how quickly we forget about the humidity and insects in other parts of the country. I will have to deal with all the summer nonscense of a New England summer in August and I am not looking forward to being sticky all the time and bit by hundreds of flies. I love the fact there are no insects in Vegas!