Friday, March 6, 2009

Deja Vu?

My cholesterol is 248. You should know that it is high and the range is 125-200. High Cholesterol runs in my family. It has nothing to do with my weight because my brother is a Freakin Vegan and weighs a buck o’ nine or something like that and he has high cholesterol. But I am doing something about my weight. I know, we have heard this all before but now I really care about it. I will be 40 years old in 1 year and 20 days. I don’t want to struggle with this anymore. It makes me sad. It puts me in a great depression. So I am truly starting a lifestyle change. Not just with my health but with other things as well.
I have a list of things I want to master in this next year.
1. Be healthy
2. Be more organized with my budget and bills
3. Be more involved with my kids emotionally and physically
4. Organize my kitchen and pantry
5. Figure out a laundry system that works for a family of four with way too many clothes
6. Walk at least 60 minutes a week. I hope to do more.
7. Relax and “let it go”
8. Understand that if people in my life do not accept me for who I am , they have the problem, NOT ME
9. Communication with my Honey Bunny
10. Let him do the things he wants like hunting because he truly loves it and not take it as personal hit that he doesn’t want to be with me. It is not about me.
11. It is not always about me.
12. Embrace the learning opportunities my employer is offering me.

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

Sorry to hear about your cholesterol. I agree that genetics is stronger than eating habits.

I love your list! Healthy goals...There are a few on that list I need to add to my own, one of which is #8!