Monday, February 23, 2009

Ikea makes my heart flutter

So, last week Jeff and I and Nicole and her husband, Eric drove to Covina, CA to specifically go to an IKEA store. Yes, I know. It sounds crazy but it was a fabulous trip.
But back up to the beginning of the weekend. On Friday the 13th Jeff came home with Roses and chocolate. He took out two of the roses to give to the girls. Samra helped herself to the rest of the chocolates the next day. On Saturday we met up with Nicole, Eric and Gage and my friends Kandace, her husband and two of her children for dinner at Buca De Beppo. We had a great time and we have decided to make it a monthly event. On Sunday, Eric and Nicole picked us up at 7:30 AM with their toy hauler and off we were to Pomona, CA where we stayed at a RV park. The IKEA was about 15 minutes away. After we hooked everything up and ate lunch we took off. I actually screamed when I saw the big blue building. It is pretty sad. What was sadder is that we stayed three hours that first day. That’s right, I said first day. We actually went back the next day and stayed two more hours. But I have no regrets. That store is friggin huge. I could not go more than once a year. It is exhausting. But we had a blast. Jeff and I are slowly putting all of our goods together. Our house will ROCK when we are done.
Jeff has a shooting competition next week in Ely, NV. He is really excited. Alyssa is sleeping over a friend’s house on Friday so it will be me and Emma for a night. We might go to a fancy shmancy restaurant or get drunk and pick up sailors. I am not sure yet.

2 comments:

Vegas Princess said...

I have never been to an IKEA and really don't know what all the fuss is about with them. Maybe that would change if I ever actually saw their store.

Cyndiblock Talk said...

Our house is very bright.All bold colors and IKEA is a mecca for that! They have great modern designs that I haven't found anywhere else. This trip was only the 2nd time I had ever gone.