Friday, January 30, 2009

Little girls

We got Alyssa a cell phone in the middle of 5th grade. Jeff and I didn’t get a cell phone until we were 27 but that is not the point of this story. We got her one because at the time we had reconsidered our house phone and just wanted mobile phones. I thought it was important that she have a phone as well in case of an emergency. Her first cell phone was a “hammy-down” from Jeff. She was very excited and proud and would call me every day to tell me that she has connected with Emma and they were now walking to my car so I could pick them up. She really only wanted her friends to see her on a cell phone. She begged and pleaded to have a custom ringer and she chose some High School Musical 2 song.
Jump ahead to last night. Jeff got a new cell (T-mobile G1- *sweet* phone) and gave Alyssa another “hammy – down”. This time she wanted, Katy Perry “Hot and Cold” for her ringer. Does the vast difference in ringer choice in one year make me a little sad? Kinda. She is not a baby anymore. She is growing up and her priorities right now are fashion and hip hop dance. She wants to wear mascara and gloss and she has better fashion sense than me. She is tall and thin, blonde with blue eyes. How I ended up with this creature is beyond me.
Emma is turning 8 next week. I can officially stop saying that it is still “baby weight” I am carrying. Pork chop is also an amazing being to me. She is beautiful with red hair, freckles, and green eyes. She looks like Strawberry Shortcake.


She is a deep thinker and very smart. She can either spend an hour watching Hannah Montana or spend an hour completing a suduko puzzle. Which she does correctly by the way. I can listen to her for hours and never get bored. She is very concerned about equal rights for fairies and is mildly obsessed with them. She has fairy gardens all over the house and worries that the tooth fairy works too hard.
I really dig my kids.

1 comment:

Vegas Princess said...

The equal rights of fairies should be a concern for us all. :) This as such a great post. And they sure do grow up fast, don't they?

Oh, and I actually blogged! Halleluiah!