Friday, November 7, 2008

Zappos.com

Yesterday was a crazy sad day for Zappos.com. They had to lay of 125 people. This compnay has never had to do this before. It was very sad. Everybody was crying and hugging. I made the cut to stay but I have severe survivors guilt. Three of the people that trained me were let go. Zappos gave them all pay until the end of the year and 6 months of health insurance but it was still a huge blow. I have never worked for a company like this and I hope I stay for a very long time. But if the economy doesn't turn around soon, we are all screwed.

2 comments:

Vegas Princess said...

this is a scary time for all of us. I never feel safe any more and that is not a feeling I like to have. I am so sorry you had to go through this. Hopefully things will change soon for the better.

LoraLoo said...

I thought about you when I saw this on TV. Glad you're still there, hopefully things will get better for us all sooner than later!