Friday, April 4, 2008

Saturday Morning hoo ha

So, Alyssa has been learning about the Revolutionary war, She has to write a letter to King George III and tell him why he is such a jerk. So I tell her that when Mommy and Daddy were growing up there were these cartoons called SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK That taught us everything we needed to know about life. We looked up this little diddy on you tube and I almost cried watching it.

But it got me thinking about Saturday mornings. My brother and I used to get up and watch the Bugs Bunny /Roadrunner hour. The best part of these mornings were the schoolhouse Rock clips and that funky little round dude with the long legs that taught me how to make ice pops from the freezer. His name was Timer and his little clips were called Time for Timer.

Ahhhh the 70's. These kids just don't get it. We appreciated TV!! They have 1000 channels to choose to watch on Saturdays. We had three!!

 

2 comments:

loraloo0604 said...

OMG I soooo remember these videos!!  I spent every Saturday morning watching the same Looney Tunes hour...

amyjonhall said...

Thanks for the memories. I was more of a Smurf girl or Topcat (remember that??). The Road Runner scared me. (: