Saturday, December 15, 2007

I would walk the streets in 6 inch stillettos for them if I needed to.

What a Whirlwind of a couple of days!! Little Miley Cyrus is apparently the "it" girl of the century, That little 15 year old tart has turned my home upside down. The girls love Hannah Montana. Actually, love to weak a word. They LERVE Hannah Montana. (To quote Woody Allen in Annie Hall, go see it.) Well Hannah is a quadrillion dollar business Her merchandise take in for 2007 was 26 billion. That's right, billion. Her concert in Chicago sold out in 30 seconds. That's right, 30 seconds. 

Well listen here. The radio stations here were doing lots of contests to win tickets. 95.5 the country station told us to text "Hannah" to get tickets. we didn't win. The 94.1, the mix had a contest for whoever had the most famous celebrity call in would win tickets. Someone had the Soup Nazi dude from Seinfeld call in and Lee Majors, the 6 million dollar man. I immediately thought of a my good gal pal, Jill who I went to Jr High with but have gotten closer to in the past couple of years. Her brother is Jimmy Kimmel who also went to school with my brother. I wanted Jimmy to call in. I called her and she told me that it wouldn't happen. Jimmy doesn't think he is big like that. (Jimmy, Uh you are, hello. ) But right after I called her I felt like a crap for using her like that. Jill is my sweet patootie friend and I love her like a fat boy loves cake and I would die if anything ever got in the way of our friendship. She assured me that all was good and we were cool and she didn't blame me for trying. But I still felt like a turd.  ANYWAY, He wouldn't have won anyway, because this happened:

Many listeners of Mix 94.1 in Las Vegas were surprised when none other than Lindsay Lohan called in to the station’s morning show.

In a sweet act of kindness, the actress called on behalf of a friend of hers that entered a contest to see who could get the most famous person to call in. The winner gets a pair of Hannah Montana concert tickets.

There’s no other way Lindsay could have scored tickets?

On-air hosts Mark and Mercedes used the opportunity to grill Lohan on her life.

She talks about…

- How she’s doing
- The media
- Her relationship with Riley Giles
- Her family
- Being reunited with her father
- Working on her new album
- And her desire to go to Africa for charity work

 So, I would have really felt like crap if he would have called and didn't win. So I thought that maybe, despite the sold out in 30 seconds Chicago thing, I would try and purchase tickets. Well I did it!!! I stayed on ticket master for 20 minutes before ticket sale time of 12:00 noon and got through!!! I got three tickets to the show!! I got tickets for my babies and I didn't have to walk any street corner or humiliate myself in any way! By the way, Both shows here in Vegas sold out in 30 minutes. That's right, 30 minutes.

SO we are needless to say, very happy and Miley Cyrus in needless to say, very rich. And did I mention 15??

2 comments:

amyjonhall said...

Great job!! But....do you realize that should you decide to put those on ebay, you could literally pay for your daughters' college education!? (: I cannot believe how much people are re-selling these for!  Have a wonderful time!!

amyjonhall said...

Great job!! But....do you realize that should you decide to put those on ebay, you could literally pay for your daughters' college education!? (: I cannot believe how much people are re-selling these for!  Have a wonderful time!!