Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I am officially having the anxiety dream about my new job on Monday. You know the one; I am late, running down hallways looking in doors, never actually getting to my destination…… These are my last few days at my station. It makes me sad. I really love this place but I need to move on to further my career. Ha, career. That cracks me up. Two years ago I never would have thought I would be interested in television. I always wanted to work behind the scenes. I was a theater tech major and I have started doing props in 5th grade when I was in charge of making the sandwich for “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown” Being behind the scenes but such an important part of the production made me excited. I love theater and to this day when ever I go to a play it makes me sad that I could not pursue it forever. It pays very little and is more a job that you do because you love it not because of the pay.  The last show I worked on was “Driving Miss Daisy” and I was 4 months pregnant with Alyssa. Being at the station and running teleprompter, assisting with commercials, placing feed requests, it is hot! It is where I need to be. And the news is everyday, 24/7 and it is always different.

2 comments:

randlprysock said...

Good luck on your new job!  Hugs,
Lisa

amyjonhall said...

Congrats on your career move! It sounds so exciting. Best wishes to you! Amy Hall