Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A proud moment

It is no big secret that i am a big lady. It is no big secret that I am a certified Weight Watchers member. One of the things about WW is that they ask you to write down your incentives for losing weight. Every time I join. (ha) I write the same thing. "So Jeff will introduce me to his friends at work." Now, I do not know the real reason why I have not met a single person from Jeff's job in two years but I can only assume that I am not a trophy wife. Now I know what you are saying, PULLLEEESE, Jeff is not that shallow but I do not know why I have yet to be introduced. When I ask him about it he says that he just doesn't think to introduce me but I know that he has always been very good about that at his other jobs when I have been thinner. This is not a feel sorry for me post it is just how I feel. I have always thought about the girls and how they would be embarrassed to have a fat mommy but I really don't think they see a size when they see me. They see me as mommy. Well today when I went to pick up Alyssa she asked me to come to another room so I can meet her new friend and I just about busted. She introduced ME, her mommy to her new friend and she wasn't embarrassed at all. I almost started crying because I was so touched. My kids like me for who I am. Jeff likes me because I laugh at his jokes and wash his chonies.

3 comments:

jillypie1970 said...

Allison likes to tell me that I'm "not chubby.  Just a little bit chubby but not a lot chubby."

unwoundrodeo said...

Well, Cyndi, I think that as I need and have tried to lose weight...and I need to lose  "a ton", I wanted to lose for some of the same reasons you mentioned.  Rick is in front of 3-5000 people and if I'm standing there running the sound, does it reflect negatively on him? The same issues with the kids. But, I have come to realize that if I don't do it for ME it will never be successful.  And you know what, I apparently don't want it bad enough to discipline myself. You would think chronic disease and a daddy dying of a massive heart attack would be enough motivation. What am I waiting for? Now, because of writing this reply, I  realize I must need serious therapy!  A couple of days ago, I was working with the 2 older kids on school and Sarah asked if she could look at the pictures (photo albums). Now, realize, the only pics in albums are B.M. (before Matthew) and until he was about 18 months old. That night while I was setting the table for supper, Sarah says, "Mommy, you used to be skinny." I immediately said thank you in an attempt to halt the conversation. She continued. "Now, you are fat." I just stood there. Rick jumped in and said, "that's your fault Sarah. She was skinny until she had you!" She was shocked. I nearly passed out! Now, she will need therapy!   I love you. I will pray for your success in your dieting life!  I was going to say it would be great if we could work out together, but I have a feeling we'd go out to lunch after!!!

loraloo0604 said...

I have been yo yo dieting like a fool since Madison was born.  I, too, am no small lady these days... and I'm having a hard time getting motivated.  I don't go out much unless it's child or family related and I don't stay focused on healthy eating when life is in overdrive all the time.

The ridiculous part of that is that I always make sure there's healthy food and meals for Madison, and don't take nearly the same care of myself.