Wednesday, October 4, 2006

This is a picture of my nieces and nephew in Texas. Adorable!

 

You know you complain about things all the time while you have it but as soon as they are gone you miss it?  My mom used to complain about our Lhasa Apso, Coco all the time. When Coco died, my mom took it hard.  I complain about Spooky. Spooky is my Bassett Hound. He smells. He drools. He leans, he is a close talker, he will do anything to get food and he is getting old. Old like he is losing his spunk and he is not the playful floppy eared pup anymore.  He sleeps a lot now. Yes I know, he is a Bassett, they sleep, but he sleeps all the time now, even when we are eating which he has never done. Both of my dogs are old. Otis is 10 and Spooky is 9. Our new house is killing Otis. The stairs are too much for him. And even though common sense would tell Otis not to climb them because you have to go back down again.. That is not Otis’s MO. He has to check on the girls when they sleep and he has to sleep at the floor of our bed. He has too. He is very protective. I love and hate these dogs. But it is killing me to see them deteriorate like this.  I guess it was kind of mean to bring in a crazy, psycho, kitten to rev them up. She shakes her little cat butt at them and dares them to catch her. She gets bored with them. They couldn’t care less. It makes her pissy.

2 comments:

unwoundrodeo said...

OK. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your Georgia nieces and nephew.! I'm just saying. LOVE YOU!

lbgintex said...

Well now.....are those kiddos just so precious!!!