Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Fourth of July

Happy fourth of July. What did you do? Well I started my morning off with a shock to the heart as thunder pounded the house at 6:20 AM. We literally jumped out of bed. It was thundering and lightning.

I then preceeded to stress out uncontrollably because Alyssa had her first sleep over last night. She has slept over Abbe's house before but this was her first sleep over with someone I really didn't know. I was a nut biscuit.

She was then the nut biscuit because she and her friend barely slept all night because they were talking. She is not good without a lot of sleep.

We BBQ'd some ribs in the back and had a small family fourth in the front of the house. We planned on going to the big Fourth of July extravaganza at the park across the street from us. You locals will know it as the Red, White and Boom at Desert Breeze Park. We drove over the the store parking lot across the street along with at least 1000 other people. The fireworks were late and the girls were crabby. The other kids around us were making us nervous by throwing rocks and lighting fires under the politics signs. As soon as someone lit a firework by our car we were out of there without seeing anything. When we got home we realized that we had a perfect view of the whole thing from Emma's room. (Last Picture.)

2 comments:

loraloo0604 said...

Yeah, I just heard today all the bands that were playing that Red, White and Boom.  Holy cow - it's amazing anyone was able to get anywhere near that place.  I'm almost sorry I missed it completely.

lbgintex said...

Looks like a great time was had by all.....soooo.....Jeffy didn't set off any Roman Candles in the house???  My, my....the lad has grown up!! (love you Jeffy!)