Monday, July 24, 2006

Cheers and Jeers

Cheers to TV Land for playing 48 hours back to back Brady Bunch episodes.

Jeers to my brother who works for the friggin channel and failed to mention the weekend to me even though he knows how obsessed I am about that show.

Cheers to Alyssa for getting addicted to the show at such an early age.

Jeers to me for making her watching it thus contributing to her addiction.

Cheers to Carol Brady for the line, “Sometimes when you lose, you win”

Jeers to Bobby Brady for thinking that putting beans in his flashlight for the little Indian boy was a good idea when in fact mixing beans with battery acid is probably a lethal combination.

Cheers to Emma for perfectly imitating Peter’s “pork chops and applesauce”

Jeers to me for actually making pork chops and applesauce for dinner thus causing her to repeat the phrase every minute for about two hours.

1 comment:

amyjonhall said...

Oh my goodness- I wish I had known about this too!! My kids will definitely watch this show too (: Growing up my friend Laila and I watched this every day. One summer we kept track of who could 'guess the episode' first. Literally we could figure it out during those opening few beats of the theme song. Pathetic!