Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Because Sheryl did it on her blog I want to do it too.

Day in the Life

 

6:10: wake up and lay in bed contemplating if I want to shower or not.

6:15: Put on my station to watch morning news. Giggle to myself as anchors make inside jokes on air and gush that I know what they are talking about.

6:18: Watch as cat that I picked out, purchased, loved, tries really hard to wake Jeff up so he can pet her. Even though my hands are perfectly good petters. She prefers Jeff to anyone else in the house. She swats her tail across Jeff’s face and body slams herself across his throat.

6:20: Decide that I need a shower. Go in bathroom and feed Harry Potter, my Beta fish.

6:22: Morning pee. Read a little of Jeff’s Guns and Ammo magazine and realize I have no idea what I just read.

6:25: Shower, shave shine rinse, repeat. Brush, spit

6:40: Look over clothes and hate every piece I pull out.

6:50: Change clothes at least three times

7:00: Wake Jeff up and tell him I am going downstairs. He grumbles and pets cat

7:10: Make lunch for day, toast for breakfast.  Look around to see what the dogs tore up during the night. Last night it was a half loaf of bread. Otis points at Spooky who has a bit of Weber wrap in his mouth. Spooky does look guilty but Otis doesn’t realize that Spooky can’t reach over the counter so I know that he had to have been the one to pull the bag down. I yell at Otis. He tells me he saw the cat knock it down and run away. I don’t believe him.

7:15 Put TV on and flip from Cosby show and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Think about how I hated the season with Dawn and Glory and decide not to put it back on for at least five more episodes when this season is over. Decide I hate this season where Rudy is grown up and has a trace of a mustache and flip through cable channels.

7:30 Call up to Jeff that I am leaving. Hear tiny little “goodbye mommy, I love you” from the two girls bedrooms Leave for work.

7:45: Get mad because Jeff still hasn’t installed my Sirius Radio and I am forced to listen to regular radio.

7:55: Arrive at work.

8:15: After catching up with morning producers I check all of my email accounts.

9:00 4pm producer going to convenience store next store asks if I want to come. Think about it and decide that I am not in the mood to walk over there in the already 100 degree heat.

9:15: Announce morning meeting

9:15 – 10:50: Morning work stuff. Get papers for my boss, type up expenses, etc.

11:00: teleprompt the mid day show

11:30: Answer contest line

12:00: do top secret station work. J

12:15: lunch

1:00: come back to desk, check emails and voice mail

4:00: More top secret stuff, and mail.

5:00: last minute top secret stuff.

5:15; leave work

5:45: Pick up Alyssa from after school care. Call her name. She sees me but pretends not too because she wants to finish her project she was working on or game she has started. Call her again, nothing. One of her friends tells her I am there and she has the nerve to look surprised and act surprised when I get angry.

5:50: Pick up Emma from day Care. Get really angry because Emma’s friends crawl all over Alyssa. She goes with the kids to see what they are doing and in the meantime lose Emma as she goes to get her papers from her locker. Emma falls down in a mini fit because she can’t carry all her papers and her doll that Jeff let her bring even though it is not allowed. Look and see that she is wearing a princess dress. “Daddy said I can wear it” steam up as all of the other mommies laugh at what Emma has decided to wear today. Look for Alyssa for 5 more minutes and realize that she has gone up front to wait for us.

6:05: Completely frazzled, leave day care. Emma: “I’m hungry”

6:10: Emma: “I’m hungry”

6:20: get home, get mail. Unstick cereal from bowls left over from breakfast with Jeff and the girls. Give up and soak them instead. Emma: “I’m hungry”

6:30: start dinner. Have dinner complete by 7:20. Emma: “I’m hungry” Give Emma a bite of the dinner. She doesn’t want I,t she wants macanoni. Watch as Emma throws a complete fit because we are not having macanoni.

7:20: Jeff calls to say he is leaving now from work. He is 20 minutes late.

7:25: Holding everything back not to throw entire dinner in garbage because it will be ruined and coagulated by the time he gets home. Make macanoni and cheese for the girls.

7:45: set table and eat and watch as Jeff picks at his food. “I had a late lunch”

7:46 Think about ways to seriously hurt Jeff that would make him cry.

8:00: Jeff does dishes because he knows I am mad. (He actually always does the dishes)

8:15: Get in the 50th fight with Alyssa in one hour for her to finish her homework.

9:00: Kiss the girls goodnight and wait with excitement to hear the excuses they come up with, not to go to sleep.) Emma: “I’m hungry”

9:30: Chill with Jeff watching TV and eating sunflower seeds until we can’t feel our lips.

11:00 go upstairs to go to bed. Turn on news

11:30 realize that I can no longer hear the TV over Jeff’s snores and flip it off. Fall asleep

 

 

 

3 comments:

linda7377 said...

Again, so funny that I have to stifle my giggles because I am at work. Want more.

loraloo0604 said...

This was hilarious... and oh could we have a good bitch session over coffee.  I can relate to a lot of it! This part happens in my house a lot...

"7:20: Jeff calls to say he is leaving now from work. He is 20 minutes late.
7:25: Holding everything back not to throw entire dinner in garbage because it will be ruined and coagulated by the time he gets home. Make macanoni and cheese for the girls.
7:45: set table and eat and watch as Jeff picks at his food. “I had a late lunch”
7:46 Think about ways to seriously hurt Jeff that would make him cry."



cyndiblock said...

Name the day and time Lora! I would love to meet with you. I look very different now though.