Monday, May 1, 2006

This weekend knocked me out. Saturday was nut-teee. In the morning we started our day at the Sun City garage sale. They must have had over 500 vendors. My parents had a booth and were happily joining the other Sun City (cult) members in selling. My father actually giggles, he is so happy living there. We were there for about two hours and left to go to Target to buy a present for our next quest. A birthday party in the park for one of Emma's little friends. 2 1/2 hours later............ we left there to go to another outside event. The luau at Alyssa's school. Keep in mind this was the first HOT day of the year. 97. We stayed there for about an hour until I spoke to the school's principal about getting our zone varience for this school. Alyssa has been going there since first grade and every year we go through this dreaded begging thing for a zone variance. Not that the zoned school is bad, I don't even know anything about it. It's just that I am in love with the daycare next door. We have been going there for about 5 years and they know me, my kids, my husband and apparently, my bank account. Well, every year the zone thing hasn't been more then a mild begging of sorts. a sad pathetic picture of Alyssa and a letter stating that I will shoot out the school or something if Alyssa didn't get in. This year is different. Not only do I have to beg for Alyssa but Emma is suiting up for kindergarten.  And that sucks. Because:

1. Kindergarten is only 1/2 day .. 1/2 day???? try 2 1/2 hours. A pure joke.

2. The principal told me that since I moved I have a new zoned school and this school does not give up their kids as easily.

3. I still have to pay for 1/2 day daycare. $160 a week

4. The day care offers FULL DAY kindergarten. $200 a week

5. If Alyssa and Emma go to their zoned school then I have to find a day care that has a bus that will pick up Emma after kindergarten is over.Jeff and I are not comfortable with that.

5. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

 I don't know what to do. I dont have the money for this. There is a lot of decisions to make. Alyssa went to a PRIVATE Pre K for two years and Alyssa went to a PRIVATE kindergarten. But we seemed to have more money then. It totally sucks. Private kindergarten is only $15 more a week and I may have to bite the bullet. Provided that Alyssa gets accepted to the school we want her to go to. If not then I need to check out what our options are. For the record, the zoned school is supposed to be good too and Alyssa does not seem top mind going someplace new. I don't know what to do. HELP.

 

No comments: