Mighty long trip. But we are back. I have over 450 pictures which I am organizing and putting together. I may have to wait until May because I only have 60% picture capacity left for the month of April on Flikr.It was a nice trip. The kids did really well on the drive but I account this to a DVD player, Ipod, Walkman, 400 coloring books, crayons, markers, and 22 cans of Pringles. When I used to travel in a car, the only thing we had was car bingo, slug bug and an occasional cow to count.
Jeff’s parents’ house is in the middle of beautiful woods and the girls had a blast.
These are some of the things I learned from this trip.
1. Just because a dog weighs 120 lbs doesn’t mean he won’t shake like a Chihuahua when you take him to the kennel.
2. When a five year old throws a coloring book at her eight yr old sister then falls asleep two minutes later, the book probably wasn’t thrown in anger.
3. A 21 hour drive from Las Vegas to Tyler, Texas and 21 hour drive back makes for a very stinky car
4. It is difficult to explain to Emma that just because Cartoon Network is on our TV at home doesn’t mean it will be on the hotel TV in Gallup, NM.
5. Just because a dog is named Moses doesn’t mean he can part his water bowl.
6. You don’t have to see a skunk to smell it.
7. When your daughter leans over a deck to get a closer look at a chameleon and then falls over the deck into the bushes below, well that’s just funny, I don’t care who you are.
8. Some people can pull off the shorts and cowboy boots look.
9. If you go to the Wal Mart everyday, you will find something to buy every time.10. When you tell your kid to NOT fall into the pond, it is exactly what she will do