Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Last night was an interesting night. My Basset Hound, Spooky had a seizure. He had something before in February. It was as if he could not move his legs and he was pulling himself by his belly. He was shaking a mile a minute and crying a little as if he were in pain. The whole incident lasted about three minutes and was terrifying for Alyssa. Emma really couldn’t care less. I mean, I am sure she likes the dog but his incident cut drastically into her Ed Edd, and Eddy show  Anyway, that happened again last night and it lasted about three to four minutes.  He seemed fine but then Jeff came home, Spooky had an all out seizure. He was like a fish out of water, flipping and flapping all over and he could not calm down. That was really scary. After I calmed down the hysterical 8 year old, Jeff calmed down the Basset and he was fine again. I put him in my car and drove him down the street to his vet. He was a little disoriented but otherwise OK. Of course he was fine with the vet. But she said that they needed to run some tests to see if he has epilepsy and pinched spinal nerve or something else. $150. Not today thank you. Don’t get me wrong, I love my dog but I am getting ready to board them which is going to cost us $400. He was fine all night but if he has another episode I will get the tests done.

No comments: