Thursday, November 17, 2005

A tale of many Joes

Joe Montana came to our studio today to talk about his fight with high blood pressure. The station was in a frenzy. The girls were all giddy and the guys were acting cool. One of our reporters, Cheryl was very excited and went home to pick up about 10 footballs for him to sign. Mericia went to the sports store to buy her boyfriend one for Christmas. We were all pretty excited. He was so cool and signed everything we had. This is really strange but I have this thing with sports stars named Joe. When we were little and hob-nobbing at the Dunes, My mother asked the boxer Joe Frazier to look over us for a minute. The exact details are sketchy but I know he did it. Oddly enough, I am not sure if my mom actually knew who Joe Frazier was and basically asked a stranger to watch her kids. The second Joe was Joe Dimaggio. Once again while hobnobbing at the Dunes we met Mr Coffee and took our picture with him. I will get that picture up soon. And then at CES show in Vegas I met Joe Namith. Apparently a huge football star, I asked him about appearing on the Brady Bunch. He told me at the time that it was one of the worst experiences of his life, and then he laughed and kissed me. (I was way cute then) I later met him again at a senior event years later and asked him the same question about the Brady Bunch and he said that it was one of the best experiences of his life.  I now need to meet a Basketball player named Joe. Is there any? Pictures of Joe here

No comments: